Advice from Canterbury SPCA - the earthquake specialists
Canterbury SPCA know about earthquakes and animals - here are their top 4 pieces of advice:
- Owners should keep their animals secure and confined until the tremors decline
- Identify pets now while they are still around with microchips or collars
- If they have been away and come back, don’t let them out again
- Don’t provide them with negative reinforcement by over-reacting to their fear. Give them positive encouragement that all is ok and behave as normal as possible around them.
SPCA Op Shop New Location
The highly successful SPCA Op Shop has moved to a bigger, better premises. Its located at 32 Grove Road.
The opening hours are 10-4 pm Mon - Friday and 9-2 pm Saturday.
Don't forget that every purchase or donation helps the animals of Marlborough SPCA.
If you want to help out, retail volunteers are also needed. Speak to Carol, the Op Shop Manager on 579 4840.
Inspector Kit Donated
Blenheim South Rotary very kindly responded to our call for help to equip our two inspectors. The Club members worked their way through a very long list of requirement and either asked businesses to assist or stumped up the money themselves.
Key items included gumboots, waterproofs, a hard hat and overalls, wire cutting equipment and a dog pole. In total the items added up to almost $900.
Marlborough SPCA is hugely grateful to Blenheim South Rotary and the following local businesses.
* Placemakers Blenheim
* Protector Safety
* The Auction Centre
* Deluxe Group
* Blenheim Engineering Supplies
* ITM Building Centre Blenheim
* Henderson Limited